[Classweb-users] BV300 + (Hymns and hymnbooks

Pietris, Mary Kay mpie at loc.gov
Thu Oct 13 06:59:04 EDT 2011

This method of using a span with an ending word that duplicates the next caption is a common occurrence in LCC, especially in P and J.  We occasionally use abbreviations of the words for the span, such as Lut or Luthera, Meth or Methodis, but that could also raise questions.  People can usually interpret these correctly, as you did.

Mary K. D. Pietris
Library of Congress
Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate Policy and Standards Division