[Classweb-users] Name-title searching

CSS css at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 25 05:43:58 EDT 2011

Hallo

I am encountering the following problem in ClassWeb + Names:

Searching on 4XX headings fails in all the Name & Title searches (left
match, heading & ref., all fields).  Searching on the corresponding 1XX
headings in Name & Title succeeds.  Searching on both 1XX and 4XX
headings succeeds in All Names.

The search terms I used were:

Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. Works 1951  [1XX]
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. Arden [4XX]

Blyton, Enid. Bible stories [1XX]
Enid Blyton's Bible stories [4XX].

Please could you advise?  I cannot recommend the Names Search to users
here until I am reasonably confident that it is glitch-free.

Thanks,
Bernadette O'Reilly

P.S. I originally wrote to report this and other problems in February,
but I suspect that the message did not get through because of address
issues at this end  The other problems seem to have been resolved now.

css at bodleian.ox.ac.uk <mailto:css at bodleian.ox.ac.uk>
01865 2-77134

Catalogue Support Services
The Bodleian Libraries,