[Classweb-users] BR45 vs. BR53

Casey A Mullin cmullin at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 24 12:06:14 EDT 2011

Hello CW,

I am having a difficult time ascertaining the scope of these two
numbers. My work is a compilation of theological writings/Christian
literature spanning all time periods. It is a multivolume work, so my
first inclination was to use BR45. however, the caption at BR53 is
"Selections (Several authors)". Many of these texts are excerpts of
larger works, so this number would be appropriate as well.

A look at the LC shelflist is not incredibly illuminating, except to
show that BR45 has been used quite a bit more often, mostly for large
analyzed sets.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Casey

--
Casey A. Mullin
Discovery Metadata Librarian
cmullin at stanford.edu
http://www.caseymullin.com

--

"Those who need structured and granular data and the precise retrieval that results from it to carry out research and scholarship may constitute an elite minority rather than most of the people of the world (sadly), but that talented and intelligent minority is an important one for the cultural and technological advancement of humanity. It is even possible that if we did a better job of providing access to such data, we might enable the enlargement of that minority."
-Martha Yee