[Classweb-users] LC Name Headings missing records?

Bryan Baldus bryan.baldus at quality-books.com
Thu Jan 14 17:40:04 EST 2016

I've recently been trying out the LC Name Headings searching/browsing feature in ClassWeb and have noticed that some established name headings are not among the results. Two examples of this appear below:

I searched (Browse LC Name Headings and Search LC Name Headings)

You choose books. Interactive doomsday adventure

(established on SAR no2015097958 (entered 20150727)), but do not see it listed in ClassWeb.

I searched (Browse LC Name Headings and Search LC Name Headings):

Heath, Mary (Stress management consultant)

(established on NAR no2015143072 (entered 20151026)), but do not see it listed in ClassWeb.

####

Also, when attempting to use the Keyword boxes for "You choose books. Interactive doomsday adventure" or "Heath, Mary", I received a message ""*" cannot be used on its own"; removing the period or comma from the search string allowed it to bring back results (or to display "Your search did not match any records").

Thank you for your assistance,

Bryan Baldus
Senior Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.