[Classweb-users] A-Z without the "e.g."

Pietris, Mary Kay mpie at loc.gov
Mon Jun 3 15:08:03 EDT 2013

In this case BL2020.S5 should not  be used, because there is an entire development for Sikhism in BL2017-2018.7.  Except for one error, usage of BL2020.S5 was discontinued by 1960.

Each case needs to be examined on its merits.  Here the Cutter represented an old usage.

We will delete this class number from the subject heading for Sikhs.

Mary K. D. Pietris
Library of Congress
Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate
Policy and Standards Division