[Classweb-users] LB 875 .D John Dewey

Pietris, Mary Kay mpie at loc.gov
Wed Mar 16 06:51:19 EDT 2011

If you wish to know where the Library of Congress has classed a particular work by John Dewey, you should do a call number search for LB875.d at http://catalog.loc.gov. Following the preferred shelflist order, collected and selected works should be filed first, followed by individual works in alphabetical order.  For example, his Democracy and education is at .D35; his Schools of tomorrow is Cuttered .D46.  Biography and general criticism of Dewey are in LB875.D5.

Questions like this that do not involve the technicalities of the Class Web system and its user interface should be directed to the Policy and Standards Division at policy at loc.gov.

Mary K. D. Pietris
Library of Congress
Acquisitions and Bibliographic Acccess Directorate Policy and Standards Division