[Classweb-users] LB 875 .D John Dewey

Doug Kariel dougk at athabascau.ca
Tue Mar 15 18:20:06 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to determine what cutter to use for John Dewey under LB 875 .D The schedule has .D34-D49. Works.

How do I decide what cutter in the range to use? Once it is used, I assume that this is the cutter number that should always be used for Dewey within this class number.

I looked for guidance in the LC Shelflisting manual and the LC Classifcation manual, but I couldn't find anything.

Doug Kariel
Head, Technical Services and Systems
Athabasca University Library
1 University Dr.
Athabasca, AB. T9S 3A3
http://library.athabascau.ca
e-maIl: dougk at athabascau.ca
Phone: 780-675-6261 Toll free 800-788-9041, ext. 6261

__
---