[Classweb-users] Odd browsing behavior--Diplomatic travel restrictions page shows out of place Soviet Union listing

Bryan Baldus bryan.baldus at quality-books.com
Wed Jan 5 09:49:40 EST 2011

While browsing LCSH near Diplomatic travel restrictions (browsing on "Diplomatic service" to get in the general area of "Diplomatic and consular service"), I get a listing that starts:

Diplomatic travel restrictions   (May Subd Geog)  [R S D]
Here are entered works on restriction of travel by diplomatic personnel.
UF  Areas denied to diplomatic travel
  Travel restrictions, Diplomatic [Former Heading]
BT  Travel restrictions

Soviet Union  [R S D]

Diplomatics   (May Subd Geog)  [R S D]

#####

Clicking the R for Soviet Union  [R S D] brings up AR sh 88007931 (Soviet Union $x Administrative and political divisions )

Browsing with the string "Diplomatic r", or anything I've tried that comes alphabetically before Diplomatic representations, results in the proper listing:

Diplomatic representations
USE  Diplomatic protests  [R]

Diplomatic travel restrictions   (May Subd Geog)  [R S D]
Here are entered works on restriction of travel by diplomatic personnel.
UF  Areas denied to diplomatic travel
  Travel restrictions, Diplomatic [Former Heading]
BT  Travel restrictions

Diplomatic travel restrictions--Soviet Union  [R S D]

Diplomatics   (May Subd Geog)  [R S D]

(and Diplomatic travel restrictions--Soviet Union  [R S D] links appropriately to sh 85140017)

Thank you for your assistance,

Bryan Baldus
Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.