[Classweb-users] PR1365 vs. PR1369

Laurence Creider lcreider at lib.nmsu.edu
Wed Feb 16 13:15:46 EST 2011

I am cataloging some 18th century republications of the Guardian (1713)
and the Spectator (1711-1714).  When I look at the schedules, PR1365 is
for 17-18th century collections of essays and PR1369 is for Special, A-Z,
e.g. The Englishman, The Guardian, The Rambler, The Spectator, The Tatler.
When I checked LC's practice, there are far more versions of The Guardian
and The Spectator classed in PR1365 rather than PR1369.

So my questions are which should be used?  What, if any, is the chronology
of the change, and if PR1369 is to be used, could there be a clear
reference in the schedule from P1364-1368 to PR1369 and a better caption
than "Special?"

Thank you,
--
Laurence S. Creider