[Classweb-users] Display issue

Geoff Mottram gmottram at minaretsoftware.com
Mon Apr 4 23:18:45 EDT 2011

I'm assuming you are using the Enhanced or Hierarchy Classification Browsers
which automatically apply tables as you navigate through the classification
schedules.

I cannot duplicate this problem in either Firefox 3.6 or MSIE 8. It sounds
like a web browser issue as the error message you received isn't one of ours.

We used to have problems with MSIE in certain areas of classification. This
is because ClassWeb creates some very long URLs when you delve deeply into
complicated areas of classification. HD4001-4420.7 includes the application
of secondary tables (i.e. "Apply Table HD4001/1 for 10 number countries",
etc.) and these tend to create very long URLs once you apply Table H9.

In the past, users were advised to use Firefox to avoid the MSIE problem. It
appears that MSIE 8 may have overcome this limitation. My advice would be to
try Firefox or upgrade to MSIE version 8.

Sincerely,

Geoff Mottram
ClassWeb Developer