[Classweb-users] Change in Classification number QC981.8.C5

Stanley Elswick Stanley.Elswick at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 15 10:22:39 EST 2010

I agree that "Climatic changes" should not have moved to
QC902.8-QC903.4.  "Climatic changes" encompasses much more than just
temperature changes, so it should not be assigned to that more narrow
location.  I think LC made an error here and should correct it.

I think that QC981.8.C5 remains the more logical location for these
materials. Our cataloging staff have not yet discussed this, but I
believe we here at NOAA will also continue to use QC981.8.C5.

--

*Stanley Elswick*

*NOAA Central Library*

1315 East-West Highway, 2nd Floor

Silver Spring MD 20910

Voice: (301) 713-2607 ext. 138

Fax:  (301) 713-4599

/The opinions that I express in this email do not necessarily reflect
the views of the U.S. Government./