[Classweb-users] Mouse-over in classweb

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Fri Jan 8 14:15:49 EST 2010

Under Tools - Options... - Content, click the "Advanced ..." button to the right of "Enable JavaScript" check the box for "Change status bar text."

Paul Weiss
Library of Congress
Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate
Policy and Standards Division

>>> Joe Collins <collinsj at email.unc.edu> 1/8/2010 1:57 PM >>>
I am using Firefox to view Classweb. When viewing the schedules in the
hierarchy browser the mouse-over function isn't working. When I move the
mouse pointer over any of the hot links or over the special function letters
in brackets the display in the status bar shows a java script command
instead of a description of what the link does. Does this function not work
in firefox? or is it a browser setting we have wrong? This is happening to
all our users here (we all have javascript enabled in our browser settings).

I tried to search the CLASSWEB-USERS archives
(http://listserv.loc.gov/cgi-bin/wa?S1=classweb-users) for an answer to this
question but I get this message:

"Search Results: The archives of the CLASSWEB-USERS list are empty and will
not be searchable until the first message is posted to the list. "

Are these archives no longer accessible?

I also tried the page called "The Classweb-users Archives"
(http://classificationweb.net/pipermail/classweb-users/). This lists past
posts month by month but does not appear to be searchable.

Thanks for any enlightenment anyone can provide!!

Joe Collins   <collinsj at email.unc.edu>
Germanic Languages Cataloger
CB#3914  Davis Library
Chapel Hill, North Carolina  27514-8890