[Classweb-users] Storytelling not on browse list

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Fri Feb 12 08:28:54 EST 2010

I'm not able to duplicate this problem.  When I browse "story" using the structured heading field, the heading Storytelling appears just above Storytelling--Japan exactly where it should appear.  This occurs with both Internet Explorer and Firefox.  The problem may be a local one rather than a Class Web issue.

Paul Weiss
Library of Congress
Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate
Policy and Standards Division

>>> "Clint Wrede" <clint.wrede at uni.edu> 2/10/2010 4:33 PM >>>
In Class Web's LCSH, if I browse structured subject headings for "story" and
scroll down the page, the entry for the heading Storytelling does not appear
on the browse list. The list jumps from Storytellers in literature to
Storytelling--Japan. But if I click on any heading earlier in the browse
list, Storytelling does appear on the resulting detail list.

Also, if I browse unstructured subject headings for "story" or browse
structured subject headings for "storyt" or "storytell" or "storytelling,"
then Storytelling _does_ appear on the browse list.

Clint Wrede
Catalog Librarian and Bibliographer
Rod Library
University of Northern Iowa