[Classweb-users] BX7990 churches in classweb seem mis-indented under "Lutheran churches" when I don't they have anyth

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Wed Oct 1 11:21:50 EDT 2008

This is an alphabetical, not a hierarchical, arrangement of churches.  The caption "German Reformed Church - Lutheran churces" is a node label indicating that any churches falling within that range of the alphabet are established there.  All of the churches established under BX7990 begin with the letters G, H, I, J, K, or L.  None of these churches are indented under BX7901-BX7443.

Paul Weiss
Policy and Standards Division
Library of Congress

>>> "James Adler" <jadler at hds.harvard.edu> 10/1/2008 10:51 AM >>>

I'm cataloging some books on Holiness Churches at BX7990.H6.  They're
mainly Methodist or some form of Pentacostalism (Church of the Nazarene,
etc.), and mainly American.  What's odd is that all of the churches
(including the Holiness ones) with simply a BX7990 classification are
indented under under German Evangelical Synod of North America and
German Reformed Church (BX7901-BX7943).  There're dozens and a number of
pages of the BX7990 churches, cuttered from A to L ...None of them seem
to belong to or have anything to do with German or Lutheran churches.
Then finally after BX7990.L63 the indentation goes back out to the left
again at "Lutheran churches."

Can this be corrected?  It's confusing, and again I don't think any of
these dozens of churches, including my BX7990.H6 Holiness Churches, have
anything to do with the German Reformed Church-Lutheran Churches.

Thanks,

James Adler
Andover-Harvard Theological Library
james_adler at harvard.edu