[Classweb-users] PQ6651 or PQ6701

Milicent K Wewerka mwew at loc.gov
Fri Mar 7 12:02:15 EST 2008

The number for the author was selected when the Library of Congress
received the 1999 publication.  At that time we would have no knowledge
regarding any future publications of the author.  Since the author was
born in 1962, the cataloger may have assumed that there could be other
earlier works.  If the 1999 publication had been the only publication of
the author then PQ6651 would definitely have been the right number.
Once we select a number for an author we rarely change it.

Milicent Wewerka, Cataloging Policy and Support Office, Library of
Congress

>>> "Carlos Calvo" <carlos.calvo at uem.es> 3/7/2008 10:23 AM >>>
Hello,

We don't understand why the Library of Congress classify the books of
the
spanish writer "Matilde Asensi (1962- )" in the number PQ6651 instead
of
PQ6701. Her first novel was publicated on 1999.

¿Someone can explain us the reason?

Thanks a lot.

Carlos Calvo Muñoz
Coordinador Tratamiento de la Información y Automatización
Biblioteca
912 115 247 – www.uem.es
________________________________
Universidad Europea de Madrid
Laureate International Universities

Antes de imprimir este e-mail, piense si es necesario.

La legislación española ampara el secreto de las comunicaciones. Este
correo
electrónico es estrictamente confidencial y va dirigido exclusivamente
a su
destinatario/a.
Si no es Ud., le rogamos que no difunda ni copie la transmisión y nos
lo
notifique cuanto antes.