[Classweb-users] PQ6651 or PQ6701

Helen Buhler H.M.Buhler at kent.ac.uk
Fri Mar 7 11:07:25 EST 2008

Carlos,

On 7 March 2008 at 16:23, "Carlos Calvo" <carlos.calvo at uem.es> wrote:

> We don't understand why the Library of Congress classify the books of the
> spanish writer "Matilde Asensi (1962- )" in the number PQ6651 instead of
> PQ6701. Her first novel was publicated on 1999. =
>

> Someone can explain us the reason?

I'm guessing here, but of her twelve books in the LC catalogue, ten
were published in 2001 or later.  Perhaps LC acquired several at once,
and thought she would be better in the 21st century?  there will
probably be a great many authors who write a lot of books in the 21st
century, but who were classified as 20th century because their first
book was published before 2000.  Difficult...

Helen
Helen Buhler,
Classification Coordinator, The Templeman Library,
The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent CT2 7NU.
Email: H.M.Buhler at kent.ac.uk  Fax: +44 (0)1227 827107
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for thou art crunchy, and tasty with ketchup.