[Classweb-users] BV2391

Milicent K Wewerka mwew at loc.gov
Tue Feb 12 07:43:13 EST 2008

I checked the earlier editions of the classification schedule here at LC.  The number apparently disappeared some time between 1975 and 1985.  A previous edition shows that both BV2390 and BV 2391 were used for congresses--BV2390 for recurring congresses and BV2391 for separately-occurring congresses.  Both types of material are now classed in BV2390.

Milicent Wewerka
Cataloging Policy and Support Office
Library of Congress

>>> "Shirley Williams" <swilliams at harding.edu> 2/11/2008 4:41 PM >>>
Is BV2391 valid number?  It is used in the Library of Congress online
catalog but is not found in Class Web.  My understanding is that obsolete
numbers appear in Class Web with parentheses around them.

Shirley Williams

--
Shirley Williams, Technical Services Librarian
Brackett Library, Harding University

Like Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis' fake pearls, which sold at Sotheby's
auction for $211,500, our incredible value is derived from the One we belong
to. -- from Charles Swindoll