[Classweb-users] Subject heading & LC class number correlations

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Wed Jan 25 08:26:28 EST 2006

Classification Web is configured to provide correlations only for topical and geographic headings, not for personal names, corporate bodies, or uniform titles.  You can find the class number for Lord's Prayer by doing a keyword search for that term using the classification search screen.

Paul Weiss
Cataloging Policy and Support Office
Library of Congress

>>> Shirley Williams <swilliams at harding.edu> 01/24/06 5:31 PM >>>
Although there are numerous records having the subject heading "Lord's
prayer" in LC's oline catalog, Classweb does not supply any classification
number correlations when "Lord's prayer" is searched under LC Subject
Heading & LC Classification Number Correlations.

Shirley Williams

Shirley Williams, Technical Services Librarian, Brackett Library
Harding University Box 12267, Searcy, AR  72149-0001
E-mail: swilliams at harding.edu     FAX: 501-279-4012     Phone: 501-279-4376

Like Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis' fake pearls, which sold at Sotheby's
auction for $211,500, our incredible value is derived from the One we belong
to. -- from Charles Swindoll