[Classweb-users] Juvenile subject searching

Bryan Baldus bryan.baldus at quality-books.com
Mon May 16 11:38:25 EDT 2005

When searching ClassWeb using the Juvenile Subject Search option, for
example on 'cottonmouth', if I click the 'Search' button (or hit 'Enter'
after typing in the query and forgetting to press 'Tab' to select 'Browse'),
the only result is the LCSH record for Agkistrodon piscivorus. However, if I
browse for 'cottonmouth', I'm directed to the AC heading 'Water moccasin.'
Is this expected behavior? In conducting searches, somehow I was able to
bring up a results page containing the records for both the LCSH and AC
term, perhaps after browsing for cottonmouth and then clicking the search
button.

Thank you for your assistance,

Bryan Baldus
Cataloger