[Classweb-users] JK2251-2256 Political Conventions?

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Wed Jun 29 16:06:03 EDT 2005

Class J was fully revised when the 1995 edition was published.  Many numbers were eliminated, including the range JK2251-2256.  JK2255 is the only number within that range that is now valid.  The old range of numbers was inadvertently retained in the subject authority record for Political conventions.  We'll delete the invalid classification numbers from the authority record.  Sorry for the confusion.

Paul Weiss
Cataloging Policy and Support Office
Library of Congress

>>> "Christine W. Blackman" <Christine.W.Blackman at williams.edu> 06/29/05 3:33 PM >>>
Is JK2251-2256 missing from the schedules?

I did a structured subject heading search for "Political conventions"
and came up with the result:

Political conventions   (May Subd Geog)
[JK2251-2256 (United States)]
UF      Conventions, Political
BT      Congresses and conventions
RT      Nominations for office
           Political parties
NT      Caucus
            Primaries

But I am unable to actually find that range listed in the schedules. All
I find is:

JK2249        Political corruption
                     Political parties
JK2255             Party platforms. Political conventions
                          History
                                 For Colonial period see JK101-103
                                 For comprehensive histories see JK2261
JK2260                 1776-1860
JK2261                 1860-
                                    Including comprehensive histories

Am I doing something wrong or is this range missing?

Chris

--
Christine Blackman
Catalog Librarian