Two Announcements from CDS - New Outline Feature on Class Web and Spam Alert

Cheryl Calista Cook ccoo at LOC.GOV
Wed Aug 14 14:28:59 EDT 2002

Class Web Users,

Two pieces of information that may be of interest to you:

1. A Classification Outline menu has been added to Class Web.  You can
access it by clicking on the "outline" link at  bottom of the primary
menu screen.  Tell us what you thing of it!

2. Spam email response problem.  CDS has been getting feedback from
customers saying that they sent us email only to have their email
rejected as "spam."  This is evidently a result of a new email filter
that was placed on the LC servers.  If the has happened to you, first of
all we apologize.    If you have an urgent concern please either fax CDS
at 202-707-1334 or call us at 1-800-255-3666.

Secondly, CDS would appreciate it if you would inform us of any email
you have sent us that has been returned as spam.  Faxing the spammed
email to CDS at 202-707-1334 would be the biggest help. You might also
try emailing us again (email me directly at ccoo at loc.gov), omitting the
subject line on the new message and describing the send address and
subject line of your original email.  The more quickly we can isolate
the source of this problem, the faster we can get it corrected.

We hope you like the new Classification Outline and CDS appreciates
your help on the spam issue.

Cheryl C. Cook
Cataloging Distribution Service
Library of Congress