[Classweb-users] Architecture--History

Geoff Mottram geoff at minaret.biz
Fri Jan 25 02:34:35 EST 2019

Hi John,

In the subject browser, a double dash should be used to separate
subdivisions (superfluous spaces are ignored). The subject search screen
is more forgiving. If you click on "Search tips and options" on the
search screen, the last item allows you to not have to input the double
dashes to find a subject with subdivisions. This also changes the way
the records are sorted. When the box is checked, subjects sort like
sentences, without regard to dashes. When the box is not checked, the
search works the same as the subject browser: displaying records in a
structured manner in which all of the subdivisions are displayed for a
particular subject heading before moving onto the the next subject.

As to your first question, the centuries are there -- all five. If they
are not displaying for you, please write me directly.

Best,

Geoff Mottram
ClassWeb Developer