[Classweb-users] When to use Geographic Cutter Numbers Tables G1548 - G9804?

Annelyn Lim (Annie) annielanecruz at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 00:37:34 EDT 2015

Hello,

I would like to know when to use Geographic Cutter Numbers Tables G1548 - G9804?

HD9016.A3-Z
By region or country, A-Z
Under each country:
.x     Periodicals. Societies. Serials
.x2   General works. History Including biography
.x3A-.x3Z   Local, A-Z
.x4A-.x4Z   By firm, etc., A-Z

Example:
HD 9016 A785 C43 2008
Changing agrifood markets in Southeast Asia : impacts on small-scale producers
Subjects:
Produce trade--Southeast Asia.
Farm produce--Southeast Asia--Marketing.
Farms, Small--Government policy--Southeast Asia.

Why A785 is the Geographic Cutter?
In Geographic Cutter Number from this link http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/GCutters.pdf
or G4114 from classweb online table, A785 is for Anderson, Michigan.

It should be at least Southeast Asia which starts with S.
Right? What table to check for this??

Please give a link to check Geographic Cutter Numbers officially from LC.

I appreciate the feedback. Many thanks in advance.

Annie
ANNELYN CRUZ LIM
Cataloging Section
University Library