[Classweb-users] West Bank cities and towns

Grabach, Kenneth A. Mr. grabacka at muohio.edu
Wed Jun 15 13:43:06 EDT 2011

I am cataloging some maps of Palestinian cities on the West Bank and in Gaza.

I find that Jericho is listed at G7514.J4 (a city in Jordan) while Bethlehem, Jenin, Hebron and Ram Allah are listed at G7507, for cities of the West Bank.  Hebron and Jenin receive cross references from the Jordan list to the West Bank list; Bethlehem does not have any cross reference to see the West Bank list, and as noted, Jericho is included as a Jordan city.   I am therefore confused about what number properly to use for a map of the city of Jericho.

Ken Grabach                           <GrabacKA at muohio.edu>
Maps Librarian                          Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA