[Classweb-users] PC1117.2

Pietris, Mary Kay mpie at loc.gov
Thu Apr 28 06:38:54 EDT 2011

PC1117.2 is the invalid number that is assigned to the reference "Phonetic readers see PC1152" in order to anchor the reference at the correct location.  Since it is not a valid number, Class Web suppresses it and it is invisible in the normal classification browse display.  However, invalid numbers like this do show up in summary number spans in the hierarchy browser when they happen to be the beginning of ending number of a span.

Mary K. D. Pietris
Library of Congress
Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate Policy and Standards Division