[Classweb-users] HV6539.A-Z

john g marr jmarr at unm.edu
Tue Jan 26 15:12:43 EST 2010

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Margaret Hughes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> May I suggest decommissioning HV6539.A-Z in lieu of HV6541.A-Z?
>
> HV6539.A-Z
> Infanticide--By region or country--Non-Christian regions or countries, A-Z
> HV6541.A-Z
> Infanticide--By region or country--Other regions or countries, A-Z
>
> HV6539.A-Z doesn't make much sense; and appears only twice in LC's catalog.
> Both items are cuttered for Japan; both have headings [from old
> catalog]; and both seem to be part of some recon project (040 $c CarP).

  Hmmm ...  I wonder whether "Non-Christian" might have originally been a
typo.  "Christian" makes a lot more sense in this context, as opposed to
"Other countries."

  Of course, neither "Christian countries" nor "Non-Christian countries"
can be defined as such in any "politically correct" way ...

Cheers!

jgm

                                             John G. Marr
                                             Cataloger
                                             CDS, UL
                                             Univ. of New Mexico
                                             Albuquerque, NM 87131
                                             jmarr at unm.edu
                                             jmarr at flash.net

     **There are only 2 kinds of thinking: menu-driven ("out of the
box") and progress-ive ("outside the box").

     **Blind obedience and obeisance blind absolutely.**

Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but
sharing is permitted.