[Classweb-users] Private military companies and U240

Robert Rohrbacher rrohrbac at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 19 19:50:47 EDT 2010

Hello,

	I have a book about private military companies. I've noticed that LC
has used the classification number U240 (Small wars. Guerrilla warfare.
Indian fighting ) with the subject heading Private military companies.
One of my colleagues suggested the possibility of adding "including
private military companies" to the caption. However, since the use of
private military companies is a question of military policy and
organization, I'm more inclined to propose a new class number in
schedule UA (Armies: Organization, distribution, military situation)
somewhere between UA10-17. I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks,
Robert J. Rohrbacher
--
Robert J. Rohrbacher
Social Sciences and Government Documents Cataloger
rrohrbac at stanford.edu