[Classweb-users] Problem with missing x-reference links for topicInterpersonal communication in Clas

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Thu Apr 22 11:38:52 EDT 2010

We'll add a reference from B637.C45 to HM1166, and vice versa, with
tomorrow's update to Class Web.

Paul Weiss
Library of Congress
Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate
Policy and Standards Division

>>> "Milberg,Denise [Ontario]" <Denise.Milberg at ec.gc.ca> 4/22/2010
11:04:56 AM >>>
Hello,
	I haven't used the subject heading/LC classification number for
Interpersonal communication for awhile.  I used  BF637.C45 as the
classification number.  Today I noticed in LC bib. record (2005000247)
that HM1166 is used.  When I checked this number it seems appropriate.
I also checked my old favorite, BF637.C45 and it's still available, used
in context, Communication. Interpersonal communication.  Unfortunately
for neither classification number there is no cross-reference to the
other classification number at either HM1166 or BF637.C45 in the
schedules.  There are cross-references to other classification numbers,
directing users to P94.7, P94.P75-.P752, BF637.V4 (BF637.C45) and to
HM726, HM 1206 (HM 1166).  I think it would be very useful to add in the
other links to the other areas of the schedule.

Denise Milberg,
Cataloguing Librarian | Bibliothécaire de catalogage
Environment Canada Library, Downsview
| Bibliothèque d'Environnement Canada, Downsview,
Libraries and Records Management Services Division | Division de
services des bibliothèques et de la gestion des dossiers
Chief Information Officer Branch | Direction du dirigeant principal
d'information
Environment Canada | Environnement Canada
4905 Dufferin St. | 4905 rue Dufferin
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M3H 5T4
denise.milberg at ec.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 416-739-4835