[Classweb-users] PT1979

Casey A Mullin cmullin at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 6 12:30:58 EDT 2010

The caption here reads: German literature--Individual authors or
works--1700-ca. 1860/70--Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, 1749-1832--Works
in prose and prose fiction--Works of fiction--Separate works--Werther
(Die leiden des jungen Werthers)--Criticism--Contemporary works, 1779-1790.

Since Werther was first published in 1774, shouldn't the span of years
for "contemporary works" begin with 1774? My work in hand dates from 1775...

Thanks,
Casey
<javascript:top.GoTo('up', '&max=9&key=_00PT1979_2EA1_00_009_00', null)>

--
Casey A. Mullin
Discovery Metadata Librarian
cmullin at stanford.edu
http://www.caseymullin.com

--

"Those who need structured and granular data and the precise retrieval that results from it to carry out research and scholarship may constitute an elite minority rather than most of the people of the world (sadly), but that talented and intelligent minority is an important one for the cultural and technological advancement of humanity. It is even possible that if we did a better job of providing access to such data, we might enable the enlargement of that minority."
-Martha Yee