[Classweb-users] PG3476.O22

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Tue Sep 1 09:02:52 EDT 2009

We will add the number PG3476.O22 to Class Web, and parenthesize the number PG3476.I857.  That will resolve the discrepancy between Class Web, the authority record, and the LC shelflist.

Paul Weiss
Library of Congress
Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate
Policy and Standards Division

>>> Kirill Tolpygo <ktolpygo at email.unc.edu> 8/31/2009 6:26 PM >>>
Good afternoon,

There seems to be a discrepancy between the classification schedules and
the authority record for Odoevtseva, Irina Vladimirovna, 1901- (n
82087711). The authority record instructs to use PG3476.O22 for this
author, while the PG schedule redirects from Odoevtseva to PG3476.I857
for Ivanoff, Iraida, 1895-1990. Ivanoff, Iraida is indeed a 400 under
Odoevtseva, but the dates do not match up.

There are no items in LC under PG3476.I857; all the works by Odoevtseva
are under PG3476.O22. Please advise.

Thank you very much for you help.

All the best,

Kirill

--
Kirill Tolpygo
Cataloger, Andre Savine Collection, UNC Chapel Hill