[Classweb-users] QA76.3.LCC-DDC correlations

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Mon Jun 16 14:46:09 EDT 2008

It appears that erroneous subfield coding in a few LC bibliographic records has generated some unintended and inaccurate correlations under the number QA76.3.  Those errors have been corrected in the bibliographic records.  The next time the correlations database is updated, the inaccurate correlations should disappear.

Paul Weiss
Cataloging Policy and Support Office
Library of Congress

>>> Bryan Baldus <bryan.baldus at quality-books.com> 6/16/2008 2:09:29 PM >>>
In ClassWeb's "LC Classification/Dewey Classification Correlation Search: All Records", QA76.3. (with period at end) correlates only to "005.44769 (109)" However, looking through LC's database, I find many records, at least some of which seem like they should count towards the correlation count (full LC records), with different Dewey numbers--621.39/16/076, 004.16, etc. (and I don't see a correlation listing for QA76.3 without a period after the 3).

Thank you for your assistance,

Bryan Baldus
Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.