[Classweb-users] Missing entry for classification number at TR705

john g marr jmarr at unm.edu
Tue Dec 2 19:24:18 EST 2008

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, Paul G Weiss wrote:

> TR705 is an obsolete number that last appeared in the 1948 edition of
> Class T ... Since the Library of Congress does not reclassify individual
> works that had been classed in numbers that are now obsolete, the number
> TR705 still appears in older bibliographic records ...

Hi Paul:

   The record in question is a "newer" record: LCCN 2007701576,
Photographing weather / $c Storm Dunlop, call number TR705 $b .D865 2007.

Cheers,

J. Marr

>>> On 12.2.2008 Denise Milberg wrote:

>>	When one searches in Classweb subject search for Meteorological
>> photography; the heading is retrieved with no accompanying
>> classification number.  When one clicks on the 'S' icon it leads to the
>> number TR705 (which is the number used by DLC for a monograph,
>> catalogued by the agency).  However, when one searches the
>> classification schedule directly for TR705 the number isn't present.
>> Can it be added, or is it not a legitimate classification number?

                                             John G. Marr
                                             Cataloger
                                             CDS, UL
                                             Univ. of New Mexico
                                             Albuquerque, NM 87131
                                             jmarr at unm.edu
                                             jmarr at flash.net

         **"I really like to know the reasons for what I do!"**
                                             Martha Watson

Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but
sharing is permitted.