[Classweb-users] Incorrect LC classification number?

Joanne Smith smithjoanne8 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 19:10:46 EDT 2007

The book Globalizing women : transnational feminist networks (LCCN
2004010123) has been classed in HQ1101, which I believe is incorrect. When I
look at ClassWeb, HQ1101 seems to be for periodicals/serials dealing with
feminism. This book is most definitely not a periodical or a serial. I
thought maybe  the number should actually be HQ1111, but the book is not
really a collection either. The Dewey classification number assigned is
305.42, which when I do an LC Classification/Dewey Classification
correlation search gives 10 different LC class numbers. Can you please
suggest a better number for this book?

Thank you.

Joanne Smith
Contract cataloger for a not-for-profit women's organization