[Classweb-users] question re: sub-arrangement at HV1475

Alison Hitchens ahitchen at library.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jun 20 12:13:04 EDT 2007

Hi ,

For the following call number: HV1475

Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology--Protection,
assistance and relief--Special classes--Older people--By region or
country--Other regions or countries--Canada

Canada
HV1475.A1-.A3 General works

HV1475.A4-Z By province, A-Z

How do we sub-arrange the general works .A1-.A3? Is there supposed to be a
table reference here? Colleagues have suggested:

A1  Periodicals, societies, serials
.A2  General works. History
.A3 Other

based on other things, but we can't see a clear indication here that this is
what we should do.

Thanks for your help,

Alison.

Alison Hitchens

Librarian, Cataloguing

University of Waterloo

Waterloo, ON Canada

ahitchen at library.uwaterloo.ca

The information in this message, including any attachments, is privileged
and may contain confidential information intended only for the person(s)
named above. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly
prohibited. Thank you.