[Classweb-users] See KF1 instructions

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Thu Dec 6 08:20:29 EST 2007

The enhancement to Class Web that I mentioned in my message of 10/18/07 has now been installed.  The "see" references in the various KF tables are now being calculated by the system.  The Enhanced and Hierarchy browsers are now displaying references to built numbers appropriate to the context of the browse rather than references to numbers from a table.

Paul Weiss
Cataloging Policy and Support Office
Library of Congress

>>> "Marilyn Durkee" <MDurkee at ybp.com> 10/18/07 7:49 PM >>>
We have become so accustomed to having the Enhanced or Hierarchy Browser apply the tables and build the numbers for us, that it was quite surprising to find it much easier to use the Standard Browser in these cases.

Thank you, Paul, and thanks also to John Hostage for suggesting that one must click up to the next level in the hierarchy pane to see the range of numbers to which the table is referring when not using the Standard Browser.

Marilyn