[Classweb-users] Possible typo at BF724.3.G3?

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Fri Dec 15 14:06:45 EST 2006

Yes, it was an inputting error.  It will be fixed with tomorrow's update to Class Web.  Thanks for reporting it.

Paul Weiss
Cataloging Policy and Support Office
Library of Congress

>>> Richard A Murray <r.murray at duke.edu> 12/15/06 12:47 PM >>>

Is there a typo in ClassWeb at BF724.3.G3?  We're at special topics in
adolescent/youth psychology, A-Z, and .G3 is given as the cutter for
Gifted.  But when you look at the authority record for "Gifted teenagers,"
the number is given as BF724.3.G53, which is also the number LC has used in
their shelflist.  I think the "5" has been left out of the cutter in
ClassWeb.

Rich

Rich Murray
Catalog Librarian for Spanish & Portuguese Languages
Duke University
Durham, North Carolina
r.murray at duke.edu