[Classweb-users] Apocalypse of Paul

Gene Fieg gfieg at cst.edu
Thu Aug 31 13:52:41 EDT 2006

Book in hand:
L'Apocalypse de Paul (NH V, 2) / texte etabli, traduit et introduit
Jean-Marc Rosenstiehl ; commente par Michael Kaler. 2005.

LC has classed this in BS2920.P3.  While that appears to be a good class, it
should be mentioned here that there is Greek Apocalypse of Paul as well as a
Latin one called Visio Pauli, which according to my research while
cataloging some of the Church Fathers might have some relationship with the
Greek one; no one knows for sure; they are similar.  In any case, I would
like LC to reconsider the class and possibly put the Coptic one in BT1390+
or as they have done with the Gospel of Thomas, place an entry in their for
the Apocalypse of Paul and refer the classifier to BS2920.P3

Gene Fieg
Cataloger
Claremont School of Theology
gfieg at cst.edu