[Classweb-users] Hierarchy browser ND ranges/captions

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Fri Nov 4 12:01:51 EST 2005

Thanks.  Both of these errors have been corrected.

Paul Weiss
Cataloging Policy and Support Office
Library of Congress

>>> Kay Teel <kteel at stanford.edu> 11/04/05 11:03 AM >>>
In the Hierarchy Browser, under Painting--History there is:

"ND140-164  Medieval"
I believe it should say "ND140-146  Medieval" because ND146 is the
last indented topic under Medieval painting. And ND164 would overlap
the range for Modern painting -- which is also a problem:

"ND160-1114 Modern
ND197  Buddhist painting
(ND198)  Islamic painting
ND199  Jewish painting
ND201-1114  Special regions or countries"

All of these captions are at the same indentation, and the Regions
and countries arrangement is not limited to Modern painting. The
"ND160-1114" implies that everything between ND160 and ND1114 is just
Modern painting, but I don't believe that's correct (cf. ND503 for
Austrian Medieval, Gothic, and Romanesque painting). The last number
under the broad period division Modern painting seems to be ND196.4.

Kay Teel
Serials Catalog Librarian and Cataloger for the Arts
Stanford University Libraries and Academic Information Resources
Phone: (650) 724-7346
kteel at stanford.edu