[Classweb-users] Subarrangement under NK8888.3 Coptic textiles?

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Tue Mar 8 08:38:33 EST 2005

Table N5801/1 should not be applied with NK8888.3.  A note to that
effect has been added to Class Web.  Thanks for reporting this problem.

Paul Weiss
Cataloging Policy and Support Office
Library of Congress

>>> Kay Teel <kteel at stanford.edu> 03/07/05 5:44 PM >>>
In the Hierarchy Browser the number NK8888.3 for Coptic textiles is
hotlinked to the subarrangement under Table N5801/1 (.A1 for General
works,
.A3 A-Z for regions, provinces, etc., and .A5-Z for special cities).

Since Coptic art is already arranged under "Egypt" in the schedule,
should
it be hotlinked to this table? It seems like the regions, provinces,
and
special cities should be under Egypt (NK8888, a number which is *not*
hotlinked to a table in the Hierarchy Browser -- but it is in the
Enhanced
Browser).

The LC catalog has only older numbers for NK8888 and nothing for
NK8888.3
as far as I can tell. I have a general work on Coptic textiles and am
wondering if I should use the .A1 Cutter.

Kay Teel
Serials Catalog Librarian and Cataloger for the Arts
Meyer Library, 3rd Floor, Catalog Dept., Area 320
Stanford University Libraries and Academic Information Resources
Stanford, CA 94305-6004
Phone: (650) 724-7346
kteel at stanford.edu