[Classweb-users] After-school programs

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Thu Jul 14 14:30:57 EDT 2005

Here's the breakdown.  This is a new range of numbers that will be in the next update to Class Web.

		After-school programs. After-school education
LC34 		     General works
		     By region or country
			United States
LC34.4			     General works
LC34.5.A-Z 		     By region or state, A-Z
LC34.8.A-Z 		Other regions or countries, A-Z
			     Subarrange each by Table L19

Paul Weiss
Cataloging Policy and Support Office
Library of Congress

>>> "Judith M. Shelton" <LIBJMS at langate.gsu.edu> 07/14/05 12:00 PM >>>
There is an LCSH for "After-school programs" with a link to the call no. range LC34-LC34.8.  When I click on the link, there is no such no. in the classification schedule.  I believe it is a recent no., not an obsolete one, because LC used LC34.4 on a book published in 2005 (LCCN 2004-30627).  How can I discover what the nos. in the range represent.  I have a local dissertation on "An after school program incorporating cooperative learning" to catalog and I believe this would be the appropriate classification.

Thanks,

Judith M. Shelton, Asst. Head, Catalog Dept.
University Library, Georgia State University