[Classweb-announce] Classification Web access and Hurricane Irene

Hayward, Patricia A phay at loc.gov
Fri Aug 26 14:08:10 EDT 2011

As you are no doubt aware, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), has advised that Hurricane Irene is currently projected to impact the East Coast of the United States this weekend, where our hosting site is located. We have been advised by our webhosting providers that they have taken additional precautionary measures in light of this potential event, including generators with additional fuel in the case of an extended power interruption and the availability of emergency staff to cope with any problems.

Therefore we hope that access to Classification Web will be unaffected by weather conditions and want to assure our subscribers that we are doing all that we can to prevent an outage.

Patricia Hayward
Product Services Librarian
Policy and Standards Division
Library of Congress