[Classweb-announce] Preparing for the move to the new Class Web server

Cheryl Calista Cook ccoo at loc.gov
Wed Mar 2 19:05:54 EST 2005

Classification Web Customers,

As you are probably already aware, the Cataloging Distribution Service
will be officially moving Classification Web to a new server on Monday,
March 7, 2005.  In preparations for this move, we would like to suggest
that you do the following:

1) Bookmark your Internet browser with the new URL addresses.  As the
transition progresses, using the new URLS will be your best way of
having assured access on March 7.
For password logon use http://classificationweb.net
For IP address logon use http://classificationweb.net/Auto/

2) Test the new server URL before March 7.
If you have firewall protection on your site, it may currently be
configured to accept cookies from classweb.loc.gov, but you might need
to make some changes to enable it to accept cookies from
classificationweb.net.  Checking that now will make things easier
later.

3)  Avid adding notes or making account changes to your subscription on
the old server on Sunday, March 6.  The customer account files will be
being copied to the new server at that time and there is some
possibility changes made during that period may not carry over.

We in CDS are really pleased with the performance of the new server and
we think you will be too.  We don't anticipate problems of any kind with
the move, but following the simple guidelines above should make things
even easier for all concerned.

Cheryl C. Cook
Cataloging distribution Service
Library of Congress